UPDATE-Comedian James Hannah Passes Away!

Published On February 10, 2014 » 554 Views» Comedy News
 0 stars
Register to vote!

This morning we woke up to a ton of emails about some extremely sad news. We discovered a friend of many years had passed away, comedian James Hannah. Many folks don’t know that Hannah was an amazing writer and a great comedian. As a former writer of The Humor Mill, this passing hits home pretty hard. We last spoke to him several months ago when he was talking about his TruthPasteTV  YouTube Channel, and at that time he had HUGE plans to bring several ideas to the table, some of them some great sketches he was planning…

Anyway, Hannah, from Chicago, was known for most recently for Tyler Perry’s House of Payne, The Steve Harvey Show, My Wife & Kids and many more shows. His stand up was seen on Comic View, Laffapolooza Martin Lawrence’s First Amendment and many more.

More details are coming on how he passed away. So far, word is that he had a heart attack but we are not sure just yet. We will fill you in as soon as we can.

May blessings to his family in this trying time.

***Update- After speaking to several of Hannah’s close friends and a couple of family members, Hannah collapsed at about 2AM in the morning. An autopsy has yet to have been done but family believes it may have been a stroke or a heart attack. Details soon. RIP James Hannah!

Tags

15 Responses to UPDATE-Comedian James Hannah Passes Away!

1. Kevin says:

I used to work with him. Great brother, great father, great comedian. An all around great person, he will be sorely missed. Rest in peace brother.

2. Shawn Harris says:

I Knew James personally, every time he would see me do stand up he would come up to me and help me “bump Up” my material…Which would make it even stronger…He was very Witty,Smart, and clever…..Gonna miss this dude…R.I.P. James Hannah…you will be missed budddy.

3. Steve Williams says:

I’m at a lost for words. i just spoke to James..god bless him and the Family!

4. Tonya Michelle says:

James was a personal friend, and I’m so saddened to learn of his passing. An amazing comedian/writer for sure…but most importantly…a great person/friend. Prayers to for his beautiful wife and children.

5. Ashley Garner says:

REST IN PARADISE MY CONDOLENCES TO HIS FAMILY! I just saw him last week.

6. Debra Krom says:

I worked with him at NTTA and he always made me laugh. He was always happy doing comedy. My prayers go out to his family n kids.

7. Gidgett says:

I remembered when I started doing stand up back in Chicago back in 1991, he was very helpful at giving you advice on how to structure your material. I will miss him dearly, he will be sorely missed. I Will be keeping his family lifted in prayer!

RIP James Hannah

Comedienne Gidgett

8. Just heard about the passing of James Hannah.Never had the privilege of meeting nor working with him, but was absolutely a fan of his writing, and his stand up style. R.I.P. Blessings

9. Brenda Wall says:

Wow! We all go waaay back when we all were payin dues together! Then hangin out after shows! We use to have sooo much fun!

10. TK Carter says:

I have lost a good friend. This guy was so talented.
    Wrote me some of the funniest lines when I was one of the HighTop’s “TBone” On many of the Steve Harvey Show’s. I’m gonna miss you. If Richard,Bernie,Robin,Filp,and Redd ask you to write jokes for them when you are in heaven, CHARGE THEM!
    RIP my friend.
    TK Carter

11. kirk townsend says:

I was Jamie’s manager at the beginning of his career. I got a chance to spend a day with him in may last year in Dallas
    Great talent, he will be missed.

12. Kevin says:

James and I wrote our first teleplay together back in Chicago. RIP bro.

13. Kevin Jaxon says:

Great writer. Even better dude. We wrote our first teleplay together back in the day in Chicago. RIP bro.

14. Wanda says:

Wow! I can not believe this. You never know when you will see someone for the last time. I had the pleasure of working with James, he was a great person and thank God he gave me the opportunity to have met him. I just found out about this last night when me and my daughter were just wanting too listen to comedy. My prayers goes out too the family.