Montreal, PQ [July 28, 2016] — Comedy superstar Kevin Hart optioned all 10 pitch ideas presented at today’s Laugh Out Loud Network Pitch Panel, part of Just For Laughs ComedyPRO, the four-day comedy conference that runs parallel to the Just For Laughs Festival presented by Videotron in association with Loto-Quebec.
10 finalists were selected to present with each finalist having two minutes to pitch their idea to Kevin. In a surprise move, Hart — one of the biggest comedy stars on the planet — decided to option all 10 pitch ideas for his Laugh Out Loud Network. The lucky teams include:
* Campus Law — Brandon Calder, Ryan George and Samuel Brisson
* Co-Anchor Confidential — Charlie Berens
* Drunk Eats — Drew Miller
* Inhuman Resources — Matt Kelly
* Melting Pot — Amish Patel
* Mouthpiece — David Merritt II
* Off Color — Naomi Steinberg, Ryan Ling, Kara Welker, Nimesh Patel
* One Night Only — Jonas Diamond, Jeremy Diamond
* The Dating Game — Sterling Scott
* The Review — Abdul Butt
Laugh Out Loud is an over-the-top streaming service; a partnership between Hartbeat Digital and Lionsgate. The service will officially launch first quarter of 2017 and will house original unscripted and scripted series along with shows featuring up-and-coming comedians and social media stars.
The panel opened with Hart describing his global ambitions for the Laugh Out Loud Network. Moderator of Kevin Hart’s Laugh Out Loud Pitch Panel was Saba Hamedy, Digital Entertainment Reporter, Mashable.
In addition to hosting the pitch panel, Hart will be a judge for Jeff Ross Presents Roast Battle, which takes place tonight and Friday and culminates Sunday, July 31 with in a televised final for Comedy Central.